All firearms MUST be shipped to an Authorized FFL dealer.
Pilot Mountain Arms Operator Model 5”, .45cal, 1911 Pistol
The Pilot Mountain Arms Operator Model 1911 is a professional grade, fully accurized .45 caliber pistol with trigger and action (reliability) job. This pistol is modeled after the 1911 pistols that Sergeant Major Brian Searcy carried during his service with 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment - Delta and is built using the same quality components. The extended beaver tail grip safety and commander style hammer reduce hammer bite and wear on the shooter. The adjustable Bomar style night sights allow the shooter to adjust the point of impact with a variety of ammunition. The rear sight cut is set slightly forward into the interior of the slide to protect the rear blade. This pistol has the accuracy and reliability to be used as an offensive handgun. It’s built specifically for professionals whose life depends on quickly eliminating threats. Gun will shoot 3” or less at 50 yards. *Photos may include features and/or upgrades not included in the base price.
- 5" carbon steel government model slide with front cocking serrations and hidden Bomar style dovetail to protect the adjustable rear sight in hard use applications. The cut is set slightly forward into the interior of the slide to protect the rear blade. (slide hand fit to receiver)
- Carbon steel government model receiver with 20 LPI machined checkered front strap
- Kart match grade barrel and bushing (match fit)
- Low-profile ambidextrous, extended safety
- Extended slide release
- Commander style hammer
- Beavertail grip safety with raised contact pad
- Smith and Alexander checkered mainspring housing with integral beveled magazine well (flat or arched)
- GI style recoil spring guide
- Extended magazine release
- Long aluminum match grade trigger (3.5 -3.75lb trigger job)
- Adjustable Bomar style rear night sight with tritium dots
- Heinie, dovetail, front sight w/ tritium dot
- Barnhart Performance Burner Grips
- Parkerized finish (flat black, manganese phosphate, military style finish)
- 2 stainless 8- round magazines
Read All Reviews
Incredibly accurate pistol. i have two other 1911's that I had built by well known pistolsmiths. The PMA Operator is without a doubt the best functioning and most accurate of the three. Well worth the $$$
I have a background in action pistol competition, the fit and workmanship on this pistol is very impressive. I was getting very tight groups at 25yards right of the box. would strongly recommend this pistol and company to anyone. Thank you for a quality product!
PILOT MOUNTAIN ARMS CUSTOM/MADE TO ORDER FIREARMS POLICIES
Pilot Mountain Arms, LLC reserves the right to update product at any time.
All made to order/custom pistols and rifles require a $500 NON-REFUNDABLE deposit.
The order date becomes effective when the required deposit has been received.
Our delivery times are estimated at the time of the order. We will always try to hold to our estimated delivery times. Under no circumstances will we rush any order just to get it out of the shop. The quality of our custom pistols and rifles will not be compromised.
All of our custom pistols and rifles include the Federal Excise Tax if required.
On all custom pistols and rifles we want your 100% satisfaction. As long as customer abuse has not created a problem, we will probably repair your custom pistol or rifle free of charge. If you have a problem, it’s usually ammunition related and we can help you over the phone with any concerns you might have. If you have questions, please feel free to call during office hours.
100% satisfaction is always our goal. This does not cover any gunsmithing or modifications done by anyone outside our company - NO EXCEPTIONS!
Payments made by certified check or cashier’s check can be shipped on same day received.
We accept Mastercard and Visa.
Shipping costs are not included in our pricing.